Sucky CD11 U/S & 30 Day Infertility Blog Challenge- Day 17

17.  Tell us your funniest Clomid/Femera/Injectibles mood-swing story.  If you don't have one, tell us your funniest general infertility drug story.

Well, as I have said before, Clomid makes me very emotional.  One time, during a particularly, sensitive, moment, Chris and I were watching TV and some commercial came on and it made me cry.  This in and of itself is not unusual.  But I cried a lot.  And when Chris laughed and hugged me saying it was just hormones, I cried harder.  Then I started laughing hysterically and ended the madness by crying again.  Then I apologized.  A few minutes later, I snapped at him for not emptying the dishwasher.  Clomid makes me nuts.  I like to think I don't have bad PMS like some, where I get completely irrationally mean.  But when they say Clomid gives you mood swings, they should have put a picture of me of the bottle, mascara running down my face.

Speaking of which, what a crappy Christmas.  CD11 u/s showed smaller follicles.  The nurse said there could be a discrepancy from having two different sonographers, but my BW should show what is really going on.  If my estrogen levels were increasing from the previous levels, it would show follicle growth.  "I'm sure they are increasing," she reassures me.  We set appointments for back-to-back IUIs Wednesday and Thursday.

Fast forward a few hours.  I am at my parent's house and I get a call from the office.  Surprise, my estrogen levels dropped.  Apparently I was already ovulating.  Shit.  So IUIs were cancelled and I was told to trigger that night, and try to get pg the au natural way that night and today.  So, enter MF-ing Clomid mood swings:  I started crying on the phone with the nurse.  It's really not a huge issue, but we have been BDing for four years like this and no baby.  The shot will help and I am still doing the progesterone, so there is still a chance.

The highlight of my day was meeting my new infertility buddy at church for the first time in person.  She was there with her husband and their miracle IVF baby and they said a prayer for us.

The rest of the night was tough with my relatives.  I am just not feeling in the Christmas spirit this year.  Somehow, it just didn't seem fair that I was shooting myself up in the bathroom of my aunt's house with my hCG shot just to try to get pregnant while everyone else has their babies.  Eh. Anyway, hope everyone else has a good Christmas.  Maybe next year will be my year...

Today was better.  Chris and I opened stocking presents and gave Toby his presents.  It's better today.  I POAS and got a smiley face so I am in fact ovulating and the hCG trigger worked.  We got the BDing in so I am feeling a little better.

Labels: , , ,