30 Day Infertility Blog Challenge- Day 4

4. Besides Mothers Day, what is the hardest holiday for you as an infertile?

Christmas has been the hardest.  We have been together for eight years.  We have had four Christmases as a married couple.  Every Christmas the two of us put on Christmas music, shove the dog into a Christmas sweater and proceed to open presents.  It's over in 20 minutes.  I love my husband dearly.  But there is no "Baby's First Christmas" ornament on the tree.  There are no toys to open.  There is no little baby squirming in my lap, dressed up in a fuzzy onesie.  There are no kids waking us up at 4am, shouting at us to get up so they can open presents.  I am not shopping for baby stuff.

This Christmas will be the hardest.  We are scheduled for our first IUI right around the 23-24.  If all goes as planned.  The clinic is closed Christmas day so the timing of everything depends on this week whenever I get my period.  This Christmas determines if there will be a baby by August or not.  This Christmas is also when Facebook is flooded with babies opening presents, or dressed in their Christmas outfits.  It will be the toughest to get through, but I still need to have that hope that possibly, I could receive the best Christmas present ever.

Labels: ,