Reader Survey results and gift card winner!



If I was on a white sandy beach, could afford expensive jeans that hugged my body just so, and a man, this would be me. Down on my knees. Thanking you.

You guys, when I decided to try out a reader survey, I wanted to be realistic and not set the bar too high being that it was my first one. I was shooting for 20. 40 would have been awesome.

I got 79 responses. 79. Though the OCD in me wishes it was 80, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Congrats to Sara for the iTunes gift card!! (She's been contacted and is probably even more excited than I am.)

I'm still working on analyzing it all, but I wanted to share some of the things I discovered.

Out of basically 80 people, (I should have made my mom take it):

~Half of you found my blog through another blog or site (I thought it would have been Facebook, but that was second.

~Only 20% of you are fellow bloggers.

~Half of you see my posts through Facebook (a scary thing for me, being that Facebook is always changing their algorithms).

~75% of you have been reading my blog for at least a few years (That made me all sorts of weepy).

~The #1 favorite type of posts you like to read about are updates on Olivia. Which oddly surprised me. A close second was infertility, and most of you like reading about my awkwardness... No surprise there. What also surprised me was the least favorite posts are ones that have nothing to do with infertility or Olivia. I had no idea. See? Here I thought you wanted to see something other than Olivia, but.. I mean, how could you not want to read about her??


~94% of you said you would read posts that talk about raising kids/motherhood (since I'm clearly an expert now). I've never been interested in becoming a "mom blog." I follow some mom blogs and they are wonderful. But there is a reason I follow those, and it's because I just... I don't know. It's probably the stigma attached to that. So. If I write those types of posts, I promise to throw in some vagina talk or other equally awkward subject, just to break it up a bit.

Those of you who took the time to give me some written feedback... Thank you. You have no idea how appreciative I am of that. I got some great insight and some great ideas for future blog posts.

I know it doesn't look like it, but it is HARD to come up with content. It was easier going through infertility. Talking about treatments, or sex, or the range of emotions surrounding it all... it was easier to write about. How do I stand out now, just being a mom with a baby?

As I said, I'm still working through the analytics part, but seriously. I'm so glad I did this. Thank you so much to those who took the time to take the survey. I'm blown away by how many of you participated. (I bet it was the gift card.)

Going forward, I may bring back these little surveys. Nothing this long though. Maybe just when I want some ideas for posts or when I want to collect some information for my own amusement. It's been fun.