#Microblog Mondays: Overwhelmed


Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

You want to hear something funny? I'm more busy now than I ever was when I worked full time. I spent four months at home before I got pregnant and that wasn't bad. I still wrote for mom.me and still worked casual at my job. But now it's like I have this ever-growing to-do list, which I like (sort of) because there is always something to do to keep me from getting bored. But now I am juggling too much and it's getting overwhelming. I am writing for mom.me, and I'm freelancing for a donor egg site and now just took on freelance work for an up and coming fertility site (squee!) and being that I can only write while Olivia sleeps, it doesn't leave a lot of time. I'm planning her first birthday party with 90 people invited, and I (try in vain) to keep up with this blog (which I feel like I'm failing at) and am also needing to put in hours for the new site coming in January. Plus, commenting and reading blogs because that's still so important to me. (They seriously need to figure out this issue of being unable to comment from your phone.)

It's a lot. Because I also have a perpetually messy house that I need to keep putting effort into cleaning. Not to mention the daily care that goes into nurturing and keeping alive an almost 11 month old.

I've been meaning to buy this download from PaperScribblesCo because I think it will help me get more organized. But... clearly I haven't done that yet. 

I know I am a little unique being that I'm technically a stay-at-home-mom, but also working from home. Without child care. If we could afford it, I would totally have her in daycare a few hours a day or have a nanny in our house, but it's just not in the cards for us. 

So. Here I sit, writing about all the things I need to do instead of actually... doing them.

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts by clicking here.


Labels: