28 Weeks: Hello Third Trimester!

Hello third trimester, you sexy thang! Why don't you slip into something a little more comfortable? An oversized t-shirt from Old Navy, perhaps? Let me get you a large Dominos thin crust and a sleeve of Thin Mints. We have much to celebrate.

I can't believe I've hit the 3rd trimester. I know I am in disbelief a lot now, but seriously, I just can't believe it. I spent the start of the 28th week up north for my sister-in-law's wedding. It was Seaweed's second wedding since we both were Maid of Honor for my best friend's wedding the weekend before.

I'm not a fan of the term "Babymoon" mainly because I hate stupid terms like that, but I suppose this really is the last vacation Chris and I take before we become parents.

We spent four days and three nights in northern Minnesota on the North Shore and stayed in the same lodge we've been at twice before.

We got this little tiny cabin and when we weren't doing wedding things, we were hiking around the area which mainly consisted of me waddling behind Chris and constantly having to pee. We didn't do any of the usual hiking for obvious reasons, but we did walk around the shoreline and take a lot of pictures.
I found a pregnant tree.

The day of the wedding we had time to walk around the nearby tourist town, shopping and walking out to the lighthouse. For breakfast we stopped at the doughtnut shop and ZOMG I ate for two.

It was a beautiful wedding. The plan was to ride these gondolas up the bluffs to this resort where the ceremony and the reception would be held. However, we found out the gondola broke down and instead we had to ride up in these shuttle buses that held ten people. Needless to say, the wedding was a bit late in starting. But seriously you guys, this shuttle trip was hell. Apparently, it is not at all a usual means of transport. I thought I was going to die. Or deliver the baby right there. Even with the lap belt on, I was thrown and tossed like a freaking ragdoll and even with Chris and I trying to hold my stomach steady, I was in a lot of pain. Like, I know we'll look back on this and laugh about it, but I was on the verge of crying/panicking and then started having Braxton Hicks contractions when we finally got off. I was absolutely dreading the ride back and so worried that this baby was going to come right then and there.

But. It was a good wedding with good food.




The best part was at the end of the night when we were informed that the gondolas were back running. Such relief.

Our last day was spent in Duluth where I have been vacationing with my family since I was a child. I can't wait to bring Seaweed here next summer and start the tradition with my own family.


Overall, it was a good trip, but between the constant need to pee and look for a bathroom, and the exhaustion from hauling around this sweet baby, I had to spend the evenings getting foot and back rubs from Chris and then collapsing into bed. Chris and I did get to spend that time watching Seaweed practice her acrobatics by bouncing my stomach around and kicking frantically. She enjoyed the food and each meal was rewarded by grateful flips and blips from her, growing even borderline painful at times. 

The whole kicking thing is more of a distraction than anything else - like: Wait, what were you saying? I wasn't listening because THERE IS A PERSON MOVING IN MY STOMACH

I have my 30 week scan scheduled for October 1st. I am hoping everything is still going good with her growth. 

Labels: , , , , , ,