19 Weeks: I don't need you, I don't need anyone!

I have a Snoogle you guys!

This thing, I wasn't sure about it when we first got it. It's gigantic. Here's a incredibly cheesy picture I snagged off of Amazon.

Apparently this thing has been around for a long time, judging by those pants she's wearing.

When I first tried it out, I was a little concerned that I would get claustrophobic in it because I felt really confined. (I think Chris got it for me when I was nine weeks or so.) I put it aside for awhile until I hit 16 weeks when I couldn't be on my back anymore. I took it out again and tried it. The first night slept on my left side the entire night and had some neck pain in the morning. It made me really wonder if I wanted to keep using it during my pregnancy.

And then.

Oh my Lord you guys this thing is the greatest pillow ever. I used to wake up all the time during the night. But now...

I mean, it does create an issue if there is to be any sort of touching. As in: Chris cannot break the Snoogle barrier. Oh, but the sleep! And the comfy! Can you really expect me to choose between my Snoogle and my husband?

Nobody said pregnancy was romantic, right?

I felt a kick yesterday. A honest to God kick, not this fluttering I've been feeling for weeks. I was working on the phone with a patient and suddenly felt this... well, kick from the inside on my right side. It hurt and it made me stop what I was saying. It just happened once. I later went to the bathroom and saw that right in the same spot was a Lovenox bruise so that would explain the pain. For about 20 minutes after that, I felt the same bubbles I would feel every once in awhile, but they were stronger today. Like my baby grew into the Incredible Hulk overnight because I wasn't feeling anything that strong before. This is apparently where pregnancy gets really fun!

My appetite is mostly back and the food aversion has almost completely gone away. I actually feel hungry now although I can still only eat a small amount at dinner before OMFG I'm going to explode! And then we repeat the process a few hours later.

I'm just about to the halfway point now. Incredible.

Labels: , , ,