Oh, 2014, we are going to be best friends

We are almost a week into the new year.  Has everyone successfully broke their new year's resolutions yet?

What is it about a new year that makes me want to start as many new projects as humanly possible?  This year will be different, I tell myself, This year I am really going to do it!

So what utterly predictable "New Yearsie" things have I done this past week?

1) I joined a gym again. Yes, I am one of *those* people.  Feel free to give me dirty looks and throw cupcakes at my fat ass.  In my defense, I had a coupon for a zero down enrollment fee.  I was planning on joining the gym anyway...

2) I am writing in a diary, every day for all of 2014.  Again, feel free...

3) I am doing a photo-a-day challenge, to play with my new camera.  I am going to take one picture every day and at the end of the year, I am going to make a scrapbook of all of them.  So far, out of the five pictures I have taken, four of them are of food.  See #1 above.

I even came up with a list of "14 things to accomplish in 2014." Because this year, man, I am telling you, this year will be different.  Right?  Isn't that we keep telling ourselves? It's time to start fresh, get back on the treadmill, and sweep up all that negativity that was hiding out under the rug.

I thought about writing a post about how much 2013 sucked.  I could have made it killer long and detailed.  I could have given it the finger and stamped my foot and lamented about what that year had done to me.  But instead, I am going to put it behind me and introduce myself to 2014, shake its hand and tell it to try to be kinder to me, damn-it.  In 2014, there are two real things I want to accomplish.  I will finish my book and submit it for publishing, and I will not allow infertility to consume my life like it did last year.  That's all.  Because there are no guarantees of babies and cribs and maternity clothes.  So I am not going to spend this year obsessing over it.

With all my health issues right now, I am surprisingly happy how I have distracted myself from it all.

About three weeks ago, I started having blood pressure issues from the steroid, dexamethasone from the IVF cycle.  Like we're talking as high as 190/113, which prompted an ER visit.  Dizzy, lightheaded, bad headaches... It's been fun.  I don't have high blood pressure and apparently my body does not like this.  Long story short, I have stopped the steroid, and the BCPs soon followed, leading to the IVF cycle being cancelled.  I am now taking two low-dose blood pressure meds, which is slowly starting to stabilize my blood pressure, but I am working half days this week as it always seems to worsen in the afternoon/evenings.  My doctor had told me that the next cycle can happen when I get my period again, and will be done without birth control pills, which I am curious to see what takes its place.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year~


I loved seeing my baby sisters and brothers in law (or is it brother in laws?) These people are so incredibly important to me.



So, 2014, perhaps you won't be such a little bitch after all.

Labels: , , , ,