And it's on to IVF #3

Well I am currently reading my 50th book for 2013. If you didn't realize it, I have been keeping a tab on my blog with the goal of reading 50 books in a year.  I just read 50 Shades of Grey.  My God. What a terrible book. I wish I had her life.  A breathtakingly beautiful man who could give me multiple orgasms just by looking at me, and who forces me to eat more. Instead, I get the normal  orgasms that have to be worked for, gawd, and a husband who looks at me strangely as I stuff the fifth piece of pizza into my mouth.      

I'm fat you guys. And not in the way of I'm feeling really chubby so everyone tell me how cute and skinny I look, but rather, hey guys I just tried on the biggest size of jeans in the store before plus size and oh noes, they're a bit snug.  It's been cold out, like in the negatives, and we gave up our gym membership, because we think being fat and having babies is better than being in shape and surrounding ourselves with a plethora of cats.  So exercising has been a bit of a challenge. Not to mention my continued heinous eating habits.

I am actually dictating this post with this free software program that Chris found for me on the laptop. I sustained quite the hand injury during the month of November writing my novel. Unfortunately, my job involves typing all day long on the computer, and apparently adding on typing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days was a bit too much for my hand. So yes as of right now I am speaking out loud watching the words type on the screen. Do you know how awkward it is to say the word "orgasm" alone in your house at the computer? Well I no longer have to wonder. 

This morning we had our nurse consult for IVF #3.  I am about three days into birth control pills and my steroid, dexamethasone. Apparently the steroid is thought to increase egg quality. The nurse told us that my doctor is throwing whatever he can at us to get these babies growing.  This cycle I am only going to be on 150 units of Menopur in the morning, and 300 units of Follistim at night. When my follicles reach 14 mm, I'm going to start an antagonist, which is another sub q shot that is going to prevent the eggs from ovulating and give the follicles a chance to get bigger.  She said this is a good protocol and there's no reason for me to think that it's not to work.  So I'm feeling much better about the cycle after talking to her. The whole donor egg thing has been difficult to process and right now I'm going to focus on my own eggs. Chris and I had to have blood work for STD testing. Our last one was in June and it expired today. It's kind of depressing when you think about it. I mean with the one IVF, the miscarriage, and the second IVF, I have hardly had the time to hit the bars and cheat on my husband. Who do they think I am?



Labels: , , , , ,