I've Been Nominated!

My blogger friend, Kate, at Jim and Kate plus 8 nominated me for the Liebster award!! 

I'm such an attention whore.  This makes me way more giddy than I should be.  Thanks, Kate, for feeding my ego!



This award is given to new or up-and coming-bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. What a fun way to get to know other bloggers!

If you receive a nomination, there are a few rules to follow:


1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked.
3) Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate.
4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post.
5) Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6) No tag backs!



Okay, 11 things about me:


1. It's January 19th and all my Christmas decorations are still up.  Fail.
2. When I was little I wanted to be a professional dog trainer.  Not sure if those even actually exist, but if your out there and read this, please contact me.
3. Chris and I honeymooned in St. Lucia.  It rained the entire time and my hair was frizzy.  I secretly thought it was the worst honeymoon anyone could go on.
4. I hate people who say the word, honeymooned
5. I love the TV show, Roseanne.  Like, I Tivo it and watch the repeats over and over and never get sick of it.  I even love her voice.6. I can't stand iPhones.  I think they're overrated.  They're like STDs.  Everyone has one.
7. There are many times I think that I am going to be childless forever.
8. Cottonballs made me cringe.  I hate that little squeaky noise they make.  Same with markers on paper.
9. I am an on-call hospital advocate for a local domestic abuse shelter.  I respond to calls at local hospitals when there has been a victim of domestic or sexual violence.  It has been the toughest, most rewarding thing I have ever done.
10. I met Chris while both of us were working at Panera back in 2002.  I knew him for a few months as casual friends before I was convinced I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.
11. Nothing makes me happier than painting my nails.


 

Here are the questions for me from Kate:

1) What is your favorite season?  Fall.  I love the colors and it's when Chris and I like to go hike at parks.  I hate being cold and summer is too hot and humid.  Fall is refreshing.
2) Do you know how to swim?  Yes.  However, I can only doggie-paddle.
3) What's your favorite meal?  Oh boy.  Pizza would probably be it.  I can never get sick of pizza.  Too bad it's not healthy like kale.
4) Do you prefer texting or calling? I grew up in the generation of people who had phones that really were only used to call people and play Snake.  But as time went on and I had unlimited texting, I started doing that more and more and now I have this weird aversion to calling people.  I'm not a hermit, I love people in real life, but I would rather send a text than call.
5) Do you have any pets, if so what kind?  We have Toby, who is an Australian Cattle Dog.  Before him we had the coolest, most monstrously tall retired racing Greyhound named Bullet.  While we were living in our apartment, we had three beta fish: Boo, Tic-Tic, and Bubbles.  All tragically died after a few months.
6) If you press shuffle on iTunes/iPod/iPhone, what are the first 3 songs that play?  Probably songs by Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran, or Fun.
7) If you could have lunch with any person dead or alive, who would it be?  I would have lunch with The King.  He would sing "Jailhouse Rock" to me and I would tell him about the eleventy-million Elvis collector items I have in my room downstairs and how much of a crush I have on him.  Then he would make out with me for hours on the restaurant table.
8)  What is your favorite TV show? This is a hard one.  I guess I would have to say Grey's Anatomy.  I've watched it from the beginning and have a severe emotional attatchment to the characters.  But I also love Friends, Will and Grace, and Fringe.
9) Do you like your job? If not, what would you prefer to do? Right now I have to say I do like my job.  I just changed over from home care and hospital and hated those.  Now, I can actually say I like doing triage.  But if I could do anything else, I would probably be a therapist. 
10) What would you do if you won the lottery? First, I would pay Jillian Michaels to get me a hot bod.  Then I would buy a bikini made of diamonds.  Then I would get it all converted to $1 bills, put a pool in the backyard and literally swim in the money.  I would give a bunch to charities, pay off all our loans, buy bomb-ass cars, a boat, a cabin, and... so on.  I would totally blow it. 
11) What were you doing 30 minutes ago?  I was eating left-over Olive Garden 5-cheese ziti and three breadsticks.  Then I was sad that the breadsticks were gone and I didn't have the salad.


Here are the 11 questions for my nominees:

1. What is your favorite holiday?
2. Are you a morning person or night owl?
3. What was the greatest moment of your life?
4. Why do you blog?
5. What is your favorite waste of time?
6. What is your favorite book or movie?
7. When was the last time you cried?
8. What causes are you passionate about?
9. What did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Beer, wine, or hard liqueur? 
11. What was the most important lesson you have learned in life?

And my nominees for the Liebster are.....

Elizabeth at Bebe Suisse
Lisa at (Still) Trying to Conceive
Jenni at Unconceivably Blessed
Kristin at Insane Infertile
Autumn Jones at The Unfruitful Pair
Mely at Operation Baby Bump
G at One Day Baby P  
Erika at Something Beautiful
Steph at The Ultimate Oxymoron
Aramis at It Only Takes One
Jamie at IUI To Roux-en-Y to ??
 
 

Labels: