30 Day Infertility Blog Challenge
I saw this 30 day Infertility blog challenge on PCOS Chick's blog. I though this might be a great way for me to focus in on my
infertility, but also to show myself in a different light.
Here are the questions you will see during the next 30 days:
1. How did you and your partner decide when you were ready to start trying to conceive?
2. Discuss the most ridiculous thing you ever heard about conception.
Where did you hear it? Did it work for someone else? Did you try it?
3. When talking to your fertile parenting friends, what is/was your
favorite “perk” of childlessness to rub in their face? Sleeping in?
Vacations? Hot pre-pregnancy body? Come on, confess!
4. Besides Mothers Day, what is the hardest holiday for you as an infertile?
5. Write a letter (one that you never have to send) to a fertile in your
life. Did they hurt you? Support you? Tell them how you feel, all the
things you can’t bring yourself to say in person.
6. Discuss how you found your way into the ALI community, and what being part of it has meant to you – good and bad.
7. If you had gotten pregnant that first month you started trying, how
would you have been a different parent? What changes have you made to
your parenting style (either current or future) in the time you spent
trying to conceive?
8. Share a recipe for your favorite alcoholic drink (or, if you don’t
drink, it can be non-alcoholic but make it fun!), and your favorite
comfort and/or post-bfn food.
9. What was the first baby or pregnancy-related purchase you ever made?
Was it before or after you started trying to conceive? Or was it after
you were already pregnant? Why did you choose that particular item to
buy first? If you haven’t purchased anything yet, why not?
10. Other than the song “I Would Die For That,” post a video of a song
that has special meaning to you and your infertility journey. Explain
it, if you’re comfortable doing so.
11. Post your favorite pre-ttc picture of yourself. Why is it your favorite? If possible, talk about that day/moment.
12. Talk about how you chose your RE.
13. Post the list of potential baby names that you seriously considered,
but can no longer use because someone stole it/it became too
14. If a very observant stranger were to walk into your house, what clues
could lead them to believe that you have struggled with infertility?
15. If you are not yet pregnant/a parent: What are you MOST and LEAST
looking forward to after that first beta? If you are already pregnant/a
parent: What was the most pleasant/unpleasant thing about pregnancy? If
you have taken the childfree path: What pregnancy symptom are you happy
to have avoided, and which one do you wish you’d experienced?
16. If you are not yet a parent: What are you MOST looking forward to
about parenthood? If you are a parent: What is the most surprising thing
about being a parent? If you have taken the childfree path: What is the
most surprising part of living childfree after infertility?
17. Tell us your funniest Clomid/Femara/Injectibles mood-swing story. If
you don’t have one, tell us your funniest general infertility drug
18. Tell us about a pre-ttc pregnancy “scare.” With your current partner, or with an ex.
19. What tv show/movie/commercial/print ad has bothered you the most
since you began trying to conceive? If possible, post it here. Tell us
why it bothered you so much.
20. Have you ever bonded with someone IRL over infertility, even just for
a few minutes? It could be a family member, friend, neighbor, or even
the clerk at the grocery store who noticed your OPK and vitamin
purchase. Tell the story.
21. What is your favorite infertility-related quote? It doesn’t have to
be explicitly related to infertility, but one that means something to
your personal journey.
22. Were you the product of infertility? Was anyone you know the product
of infertility? How do you know? Or do you just suspect based on
circumstances like age differences between siblings, time between
marriage and conception, etc.
23. Does your religion (or lack of) help/hurt/affect your infertility
journey? Have you found religion? Lost it? Does it affect what
treatments you do?
24. How has your financial situation affected your infertility journey?
25. Talk about a time when you made someone in your life understand more about infertility.
26. What do you use the “nursery” for right now? If you already had a baby, what did you use it for before pregnancy?
27. If you had known that you would have trouble conceiving, what would
you have done differently in life? If you already knew, did that
knowledge affect your other life choices?
28. Have you ever done something “non-traditional” in order to help you conceive?
29. Tell us about a friendship you lost or a relationship that changed for the worse because of infertility.
30. After a month of infertility talk, we need a distraction. Give us a
link to one of your favorite non-infertility-sites, or tell us about
your favorite distraction activity/book/feel-good movie.